Thursday, February 10, 2011

El Pollo Feliz


Today, three of us trekked to Water Street and S. 2nd (behind the tortilleria and vegetable market) to El Pollo Feliz-which my rudimentary Spanish translates to "The Happy Chicken". The waiter exited the Coachman Leprechaun and promptly came to our vehicle and took our order. It didn't take long because he explained that all they have (at that time, presumably) was "chicken meal: 1 chicken, drinks, salsa, and tortillas". I am sure I asked him to repeat that-I really do not recall ever having gone out to eat somewhere that only one item was available to order. I was a little disgusted by the lack of choice but intrigued at the same time.





K-Dog, The Scotsman and I decided to go for the only thing that they had on the menu: the $14 chicken dinner! As you can see, it came with some corn tortillas, some pink onions, and some tasty orange salsa-plus a chopped up grilled chicken and two generic sodas. K-Dawg ended up buying a Mountain Dew so our total price for this meal was less than $15.

K-Dawg: 4 (on our 5 point scale). "This is great chicken. I wish that they had other menu options -maybe next time".

The Scotsman: 3.5. "All they got is chicken. I like it but there's just chicken. Also not a big fan of corn tortillas. The lack of flour tortillas cost Pollo Feliz a star. That's how serious I am about this".

I did not have as strong feelings as The Scotsman about the tortilla types, but I did have some stress...the food was delicious and it was very fun to order from a Coachman Leprechaun but how do I review a place that only has one item on the menu? I settled on a 4-I cannot deny how tasty the grilled chicken was or how great a value it was .





We destroyed the chicken meal and it was really tasty.

3 comments:

  1. The next time I'm in the mood for the dirty bird, I'll have to go here. You could go to the tortillaria 15 feet away and get your flour tortillas - just a thought. That's what I'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Might stop there tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally will go back and get my Happy Chicken on. I think I enjoyed the meal more than my compadres but that's just more chicken for me!

    ReplyDelete