Monday, January 24, 2011

Tacos Jalisco



Jalisco Mexican Restaurant (at 2601 Central in Dodge City) is better known as "that Mexican place in the mall" or to some "that Mexican place with the really good margaritas". I had heard that they have a similar (the original, I guess) in Hays, KS but I am not certain.




The Scotsman
Chips and Salsa: 4 "The Chips are warm-I like that".
Chimachanga Plate: 4.5 "This place is very good-not too spicy. I really like the cheese sauce and I will order this again".




I had the shrimp fajitas. The fajitas were okay but I could have used a little more flavor from the shrimp. It came with a lot of goodies (foil wrapped tortillas, sizzling meat and veggies, beans, guacamole, etc)...but I felt like the flavor just wasn't there. I like it spicy and this place is clearly more geared for folks that prefer tame foods like mashed potatoes, white gravy, and corn. I score it a 3.
Chips and salsa: 3. They were decent but nothing remarkable.



K-Dawg
Chips and Salsa: 3 "It's average".
Burrito Deluxe: 3 "I've had better at this place but this burrito is a '3'. I am not a fan of their hamburger meat and this was full of it".



Sarge:
Chips and Salsa: 4.5 "This is my kind of salsa. It is not too hot and I can taste the veggies".
Tamale Deluxe Meal: 4. "The flavor is good but I really don't like the burger".

This place has a lot of fans and good service. Additionally three out of our four either really liked their meal or have had really good experiences here in the past. In fact, if K-Dawg ordered something different and I wasn't present, I suspect that Jalisco would have scored as one of the best Mexican places in town-so if you are a fan of a mild Mexican food, I think Jaliscos would be a great choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment